Sales Representative – Business Development
TPI Composites is a global provider of structural composites products and the largest U.S. based independent manufacturer of composites wind blades to major turbine manufacturers in the United States, Europe, and Asia. It enables many of the industry’s leading wind turbine original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), which have historically relied on in-house production, to outsource the manufacturing of some of their wind blades through its global footprint of advanced manufacturing facilities strategically located to serve large and growing wind markets in a cost-effective manner.
As a Sales Representative, you will responsible for the promotion and sale of various composite component and assemblies from our New England facilities, as well as for our growth into the transportation and aerospace markets. This role will need to also submit output to our business development team. This position will require travel to customer facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of sales principles and practices i.e. prospecting experience through cold calling, networking and research;
- Successfully propose, negotiate, and close profitable revenue opportunities by leveraging strong relationships;
- Evaluate customer needs, understand market drivers and forces, and ensure appropriate service/product delivery and pricing;
- Grow the business & find new revenue opportunities, and create productive, long-term customer relationships;
- Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi task in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to provide product information by creating and giving presentations on customer proposals;
- Collaborate with technical engineering, production and quality to prepare cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents;
- Ability to compose proposals and quotations;
- Ability to interact with internal customers in a positive and constructive fashion;
- Develop and maintain accurate project files;
- Can articulate features and benefits of all product lines to key buying influences;
- Ability to analyze new customer opportunities and add when needed to achieve sales targets;
- Basic understanding of key financial drivers and relate them to overall territory and business goals;
Education / Skills / Experience:
The successful candidate will possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Finance, Economics, Marketing or similar degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 5 years related experience required (transportation composite or other composite experience preferred).
- Great problem solving and communication skills
- Experience working with high performance teams. Ability to maintain safe work environment.
- Basic Computer Skills
- All Microsoft Office software including Project 2003 or later
- Project Management: ability to organize and manage multiple products through quotation process