Senior Technical Analyst – Solar – London
TGRC are representing an International Solar Asset Management Firm who service key clients in the Investment space. Exponential growth and a robust acquisition strategy has seen the expansion of their in house team in London. As such, an exciting role has become available within the technical and operational department. The role calls for not only for excellent technical acumen but for real commercial flair when managing third party and client relationships. Superb communication skills and an ability to influence process’s and procedures within the asset reporting arm of the business are essential.
Please see wider details below on what is expected;
The core of this role is to deliver control, technical resilience and robust reporting to portfolios of solar PV. This role will ensure performance is optimised across a client’s portfolio by maximising up time; with strong management of service providers (e.g. O&M’s), issue resolution and driving performance and quality improvements.
Overseeing a portfolio of clients/projects from onboarding to FAC and through to business as usual (BAU), the Senior Technical Analyst will ensure the data flowing from the support team of Technical Analysts has been interrogated thoroughly and that all reporting is delivered accurately and on time to lenders and clients with company standards. You will be a confident, skilled individual able to distil complex technical and or reporting issues into simple/commercial language and able to communicate this to various stakeholders at all levels of organisations. The right person will be a shrewd negotiator capable of eliciting swift action from 3rd parties in response to issues.
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineer with 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Demonstrable, local (UK) Solar PV sector expertise throughout the technical aspects with in depth knowledge of performance analysis, system design, component selection, regulatory environment, security and grid.
- To drive multiple recommendations for plant improvements
- In depth knowledge of Solar PV operations and track record in issue resolution and reporting
- Detailed experience of working with and managing Operations and Maintenance of solar parks including the management of sub-contractors
- Detailed experience of reading and interpreting contracts and ensuring compliance
- Detailed experience in the production of reports, ensuring consistent high standards
- Working relationships with key component manufacturers would be an advantage
- Very good working knowledge of UK HSE regulations and best working practices
- Previous TA & O&M experience will be an advantage
- Knowledge about International markets (LATAM, EMEA, Australia, etc.) also an advantage