Wind Turbine Service Technician- Dumfries & Galloway
Eden Scott's client is a highly successful and globally active engineering, renewable energy, technology and service company with a diverse international workforce dispersed across established and emerging renewable energy markets including wind (onshore and offshore) and solar PV sectors.
We are working in exclusive partnership with them to source and appoint experienced Wind Turbine Service Technicians to be stationed on a range of onshore wind farm sites in Scotland. These opportunities are strictly for permanent employment applicants and required candidates to live within a 1 hour commute from the specific wind farm site. A company van will be accessible and a full UK drivers licence is a pre-requisite. An opportunity is available for an experienced Wind Turbine Service Technician to be based in Dumfries & Galloway.
To perform all operations activities including corrective and preventive maintenance on wind farms following the appropriate guidelines, regulations and procedures as laid down by the company and its clients concerning maintenance, safety, quality and environment in order to meet the objectives of the project.
- Monitor and anticipate breakdowns of wind turbines, analyzing the available operating data, and in case of failure repair the machines in the shortest possible time.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance tasks to comply with the maintenance plan, the Wind Turbine Safety Rules, company and statutory HSE guidelines and in accordance with Approved Working Procedures (AWPs)
- Reporting of documentation and maintenance activities carried out to the managers and team leaders for their subsequent control and follow-up.
- Operation of the warehouse facility.
- Fault finding, problem diagnosis and rectification
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- HND or HNC Level qualification in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Discipline (Personnel with less academic qualifications, with direct experience in the tasks to be carried out, may also apply for the position)
- Knowledge of wind turbine components and specific experience in the service and maintenance phase of wind farm projects
- Experience of carrying out scheduled maintenance of large scale wind turbines including 6 month and annual service work
- Experience of undertaking fault finding, problem diagnosis and rectification in response to equipment break down, dealing with major component replacements if required
- Authorised Technician level (AT) ideally with existing experience of working on either Vestas or Gamesa turbines in the past
- Full UK Drivers' Licence
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills and ability to work under minimal supervision in small teams
- Strong level of personal integrity and commitment to working under time constraints
- Ability to work at heights, in remote locations and in adverse weather conditions
In return, you will become part of an ambitious company with strong growth plans. There will be on-call and overtime payments available to supplement basic salary earnings.