Our client is presently looking for a Controls Engineer as key role in part of their growth in the battery storage sector.
As energy supply becomes more decentralised and renewable energy makes up a greater percentage of the energy mix, applications where multiple technologies are deployed on the same site will become increasingly common. Controlling a diverse range of technologies will be a key challenge in the future that our client's Energy Management System project is aiming to address. The development of this control system is particularly important for our client's Energy Storage business - a growing sector.
The Control Engineer will be part of the Group Engineering function, with a direct reporting line to the Development Manager. The Control engineer will design, build, test and commission HMI screens, PLC code and supporting documentation for the Energy Management System.
The Control Engineer will work as part of the team, to develop the energy management system to control a variety of energy storage and renewable generators in order to optimise their operation.
- Knowledge of HMI development including Databases and scripting (i.e. Python/VBA)
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC programming languages and strategies
- Knowledge of Power Industry communication protocols (Modbus, DNP3, IEC61850)
- Knowledge of on site and remote data capture systems
- HMI development
- On site commissioning of SCADA systems
- Team working
- Documentation and quality control of work product
- PLC programming
- Development of HMI screens using SCADA packages such as; Inductive Automation ignition, Wonderware or similar
- Programming of Allen Bradley PLCs.
- On site commissioning and testing of SCADA systems
- Experience of working within the Power Generation Industry would be beneficial
- Qualification: Degree in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering or equivalent qualifications with additional experience