Renewable Energy Project Manager
The Green Recruitment Company is representing a developer and owner of renewable and low carbon energy projects. As a Renewable Project Manager, you will be responsible the full range of project development activities. Business development will be a key part of the role to ensure we identify new development opportunities in target areas of the market to ensure we meet our long-term growth plans. Once opportunities are identified you will have overall responsibility for managing delivery of the projects from feasibility through securing agreements with land/business owners, obtaining consents and delivering the projects. You will also assist senior management with raising finance and procuring / selling projects.
- Identify development opportunities that help the Company meet our goals and overall development objectives;
- Produce a business case for each development opportunity and each specific project, communicate the business case to senior management to obtain formal approval before proceeding;
- Project manage the development of all our activities, reporting on progress to the board;
- Negotiate property agreements with landowner(s) to give us appropriate rights to develop our projects;
- Secure all third-party consents necessary to build and operate our projects;
- Secure funding from lenders, investors and/or joint venture parties needed to build our projects, ensure you maximise the profit and return on investment to the Company and the Group;
- Work with senior management to identify the optimum exit strategy or long-term investment strategy for each development opportunity and each individual project to ensure we maximise the returns for the Company and the Group;
- Assist senior management with the negotiation of the sale of individual projects and/or portfolios of projects, including managing the team needed to deliver the sale; and
- Report on development activities at Group management meetings.
- Complete work on several projects within short time periods through effective time management;
- Manage projects and associated budgets;
- Communicate with clients, landowners, JV partners, stakeholders and the project team effectively and professionally;
- Build strong working relationships (both internally and externally);
- Effectively manage sub-contractors to ensure timely delivery of works and value for money;
- Undertake critical reviews of third party reports;
- Communicate progress to your line manager at agreed intervals; and
- Follow our internal processes and procedures.
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Strategic thinking;
- Exceptional leadership, business and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent persuasion skills, a good networker and a good negotiator;
- A desire to work in a challenging, fast paced environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrable successful experience in business development;
- A creative mind with an ability to drive improvements in quality;
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritise;
- An existing network of contacts within the sector;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent presentation skills; and
- Ability to work under pressure.