Our client have a strong background in renewable energy projects in developing markets and act as an investor, developer and deliverer of various renewable power assets. They have private equity funds focused on renewable energy projects such as hydropower, biomass and solar across Asia.
They are currently seeking a Project Manager to join their growing business in Nairobi, Kenya, to support to the investment manager providing leadership and direction to contractors in all engineering aspects of projects.
• Execution: In liaison with the investment team, take the projects to construction stage leading the handover process, procurement and contract negotiation from an Engineering and technical standpoint;
• Monitor and oversee contractors' activities (both offshore-documentation, plans, design, manufacturing and onshore-site works) and progress, ensuring that they are completed in a safe manner, per requirements, specifications and within budget
• Develop and implement tools, templates and plans to effectively manage the projects and monitor progress in all fronts ~
• Provide overall contract administration to projects (FIDIC Silver Book and others as relevant)
• Engage and report stakeholders as relevant
• Experienced Project/Construction Manager, with 8+ years' experience
• Previous experience on hydropower projects • Minimum 5 years in the power sector
• Relevant university degree (Master or Bachelor), preferably in Civil/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (engineering background is a pre-requisite)
• Proven track record of project delivery experience • Knowledgeable in best international practices in relation to Project Management
• Ability to simultaneously manage parallel projects at different stages and related activities
• Hands-on, proactive, self-starter, strong work ethic, integrity, ability to work under pressure, to take responsibility for the own work, communication, problem-solving skills, ready to leave the comfort zone
• Proficient computer skills including Office suite, scheduling and presentation tools, and AutoCAD
• Sub Saharan Africa exposure advantageous
• Preferable experience as a contractor and/or owner
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company in a senior level position. This role can be on single or family status, is based in Nairobi and will involve regular travel to various locations. If you have the desire to be part of a growing team and have the ambition to further your experience, please apply using the links provided.
Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.