Our client are a leading power producer working in conventional and renewable energy. They are currently looking for a Senior Commercial Manager to join their biomass team in Yorkshire. Reporting to the Head of Biomass, you will be responsible for the sourcing, management and trading of the biomass fuel requirements in a portfolio of around 3m tonnes per annum.
• Educated to Degree level
• Previous background in bulk product/commodity movement (e.g. grains, vegetable oil, cereals etc)
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Proven knowledge in the execution and close of contracts
• Strong communication skills and ability to manage supplier relationships
• Keen eye for opportunities
• Experience in leading business critical commercial projects and managing a program of different initiatives.
• Knowledge of international physical commodity markets, logistics and shipping
• Oversee the management of the existing biomass contract portfolio
• Origination, negotiation and execution of new contracts internationally
• Execute contract amendments and new long term contracts
• Development of the medium to long term fuel strategy
• Manage one direct report
• Support and direct commercial review of key supply contracts
There is a competitive salary and bonus package available for the successful candidate, with the potential for flexible working.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please apply using the links provided.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!