Service Technician Cardiff
Our client is a global designer, supplier and O&M provider of Wind Turbines and is looking to bring on a Service Technician to service and maintain their Wind farms in south Wales paying a competitive monthly salary of £2000-2200 gross + package dependant on experience. This is an exciting opportunity for Service Technician to represent this global WTG OEM in one of their biggest markets not only on site, but also in their control room.
Service Technician duties and responsibilities:
- Your main goal will be to perform all activities related to the commissioning, maintenance and repair of the wind turbines in south Wales
- This contains physically demanding labour as you will be frequently climbing our turbines (75 m) and performing tasks that require force.
- You are responsible for the checking and quality of all components as well as recognizing interconnections within the system's architecture.
- Responsible for maintaining customer contact on site to update them on the status of activities.
- Accountable for the safe and effective operation of all kinds of electronical and mechanical parts in the turbines.
- Continuously improving the performance of the wind turbines based on the error/gap analysis, response times and Operational Data statistics.
- You will also on occasion work on tasks with the control room, remote monitoring turbines worldwide
- You are prepared to travel occasionally to other locations and work stand by in weekends and evenings.
Service Technician desired experience:
- An electrical (minimum Level 3) or mechanical qualification or equivalent required.
- Located in or around the Cardiff area is essential.
- Previous experience in service related activities, preferably with wind turbines.
- Driving license.
- Excellent physical health.
- Able to work under pressure and are willing to work weekend shifts.
- Willing to learn on the job and are able to travel frequently.
- A positive attitude, flexible and creative, showing initiative and team players.
- Can build and maintain strong relationships with customers and stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Customer and solution focused, pragmatic and independent.
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9294.
For more information about this role please contact our London office