Our client is a world leading consortium within the offshore wind industry and is looking for a General Manager to be responsible for the overall operations of the business, optimising wind farm performance, cost, risk, governance and procedure. This opportunity would suit a technical and commercial individual with extensive offshore wind experience and exceptional leadership and operational capabilties.
General Manager duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the safety culture at the wind farm ensuring all within the business and contracted to work put safety first
- Driving the performance of the asset, exploring ways to make significant long-term EBITDA improvements.
- Work with the board of directors to ensure the wind farm meets its statutory obligations
- Delivering the business case, which is to maximise the lifetime value by safely optimising yield, costs and risks
- Assuming full accountability to the Executive Committee for the wind farm operations
- Operating the wind farm in accordance with the Joint Operating Agreement and its Key Policies, and within the mandate given by the Executive Committee
- Arranging, preparing for, and chairing Executive Committee and Board meetings; ensuring decisions and actions are documented accurately
- Building and maintaining a strong relationship with Executive Committee
- Engaging with and acting as a trusted, independent and fair advisor to the shareholders to draw on their experience to improve performance and align interests
- Establishing and proposing Business Plans and budget for Executive Committee approval
- Closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans and budget, as well as managing the annual OPEX budget
- Strengthening relationships with external stakeholders, acting as an ambassador for the wind farm and the shareholders
General Manager desired experience:
- 10 years+ experience in the energy sector (e.g. electricity, utilities, oil and gas); preferably offshore wind experience and responsibility for HSE
- P&L responsibility
- Relevant operational leadership experience together with experience of managing assets
- Strong financial, commercial and contract management background and experience in contract negotiations
- Strategic decision making
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9294.
For more information about this role please contact our London office