Biomass Asset Engineer
Our client is a leading fund manager who invest in renewable power generation projects and assets in Europe and are looking for an experienced Biomass Asset Engineer. You will be responsible for managing the construction assets and the operational management of their UK power generation assets on a full time permanent basis. They are looking to pay circa £65,000-£75,000 p/a gross + bonus + package dependant on experience.
Biomass Asset Engineer duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate work products from external advisors (developers, lawyers, technical advisors, debt providers, EPC contractors, etc) during construction
- Coordination of the delegated technical resources (energy generation asset level) during operational phase.
- Support for the management of operational biomass assets
- Oversight of the tasks of the Management Services Agreement (MSA) providers and their compliance of the contractual Service Level Agreements, also in light of the EPC contract or the Maintenance Agreement
- Validation of the MSA reports
- Coordination of MSA outputs to third parties (OFGEM, EA, Councils, etc…)
- Determine asset performance levels and trends in performance and condition
- Preparation of the Monthly & Quarterly Asset Management Reports
- Coordinate and support the end of warranty reviews, warranty claims and punch list items
- Support insurance renewal, inspection and claims processes
- Support the lifetime extension projects on an asset level
- Determine asset improvements and performance enhancements
Biomass Asset Engineer desired experience:
- 5- 10 years' experience within construction/development/financial/utility
- Experience of either the construction or operation of biomass and/or waste to energy renewable energy assets is essential
- Understand the technical value drivers of biomass renewable energy power generation as well as past responsibility for the construction and operation of generation assets
- Financial management competence experience in the financing of operating plants.
- Fluent English required, additional European languages helpful
- Engineering degree (Mechanical or Electrical preferred)
- Health & Safety qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH would be helpful
- Excellent leadership, communication and stakeholder relationship skills in an international business environment required
- Project management experience in large energy projects desirable, especially working with EPC contracts using MF/1 or FIDIC.
If this sounds like something you are particularly interested in, please apply with an updated version of your CV to email@example.com or feel free to give me a call on +44 207 268 9294.
For more information about this role please contact our London office