We are now looking to expand our team with the recruitment of one senior level engineer/ analyst. The successful applicant will undertake wind energy assessments and site meteorological conditions work for both onshore and offshore wind farms at the pre-construction and post-construction stage. This will involve analysis of high resolution meteorological data, assessment of SCADA and other wind farm datasets, and writing high quality reports.
The objective of the work is to enable customers, and interested third parties, to understand the expected energy output of a project and optimise its performance.
The senior engineer will also take the role of technical and business lead for our WindGEMINI offering. WindGEMINI is an online digital twin which analyses wind turbine data to provide our customers with 24/7 access to advanced wind turbine condition and performance analytics, enabling them to make informed wind operation decisions (https://www.dnvgl.com/services/windgemini-digital-twin-for-wind-turbine-operations-102853).
The role can be based out of our offices in Bristol or Glasgow preferably. However, there will be a possibility to be based out of our offices in London, Stockholm or Dublin, depending on the level of experience and training needs of the applicant.
Duties will include:
• Undertake pre or post-construction energy production assessments which include the following:
o wind data or turbine data processing and quality checking
o correlation analysis
o wind flow and wake modelling
o review of energy losses
o statistical analysis
o report writing
• Undertake site conditions assessments which include elements of the above but also a review of:
o extreme wind speed
o ambient and wake induced turbulence intensity
o wind shear
o temperature range
• Produce detailed reports which review the feasibility of sites for development which may include:
o feasibility studies
o site meteorological measurements
o shadow flicker assessments
o noise modelling
o visual impact assessments
• Short-term forecasting
• SCADA analysis
• Monitoring the performance of operating wind farms for owners and lenders
• Proposal writing.
• Participate in R&D projects as and when required.
• Project management, including budget control.
• Lead the global WindGEMINI offering. This will include:
o Manage a virtual team of analysts within the team to ensure appropriate technical development of the service
o Manage a virtual team of ambassadors in other regions to ensure appropriate business development across all regions
o Coordinate business development activities within the region
o Report to Head of Department and other interested parties on both technical and business progress of the offering
o Coordinate with the financial team and Head of Department for financial control of the service
• Participate in industry groups and present at conferences as appropriate.
• Any other duties as directed by line management.
We're looking for the successful applicants to start in early 2019.
Applicants must have:
• A degree in a relevant field such as mechanical and environmental engineering, meteorology, physics or mathematics, with a 2.1 degree classification or above.
• A strong interest in the renewable energy sector.
• Aptitude for statistical analysis of data.
• An interest in and aptitude for programming and databases
• Good organisational skills and ability to work in a pressurised consultancy environment to deliver high quality work
• The ability to write clear and accurate reports in English
• Good communication skills
• Willingness to develop and enjoy taking on challenges and responsibilities
• For the senior position, applicants must have demonstrable work experience in the field of wind farm operational data analysis.
• Senior engineer must also have demonstrable experience in either team or project management, and a willingness to undertake these tasks.
Please note we may close this position earlier in case of finding successful candidates.