Strategic Purchaser, Global Procurement
DK, Aarhus N | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 1810
Are you ready to build and develop the sourcing strategy for Vestas Service Business? Do you have 3-5 years of relevant strategic procurement experience handling direct materials? Are you outgoing, self-driven and curious of nature?
Then we have this open exciting opportunity for a procurement professional in the Spare Parts category.
Global Procurement > Service & Spare Parts > Spare Parts
Spare Parts, within the Global Procurement organisation, has the aim to support the Vestas Service Business Unit and its end Customers. Our strategic objective is to continue building on Vestas' leadership in the service area by focusing on having the right strategies and suppliers in place to support the requirement from the market.
This is done by deliver world class sourcing and category management strategies, driving cost-out, quality and on-time delivery. As a part of this team we are looking for a dynamic and ambitious Purchaser, who has the skills, passion, energy and drive to contribute to this vision.
Your responsibility in this role will be:
- Outsourcing of spare parts for internally production facilities to external suppliers.
- Procurement of electrical spare parts for our control cabinets for the installed wind turbine fleet on a global level.
- Engagement with the regional organization to ensure an understanding and incorporation of the regional requirement into the global strategy.
- To drive the implementation of the global strategy in the regions.
- To drive cost-out on already existing and new materials via re-engineering, developing 2nd source, negotiations.
- To be responsible for the supplier management of the suppliers within the scope.
- To link to the manufacturing procurement, ensuring service requirements are also reflected in their strategy roadmap and decision making.
We expect that you hold a Ba. or M.Sc. degree in Engineering, Economics, Business Administration or a Graduate Diploma in Business Administration - or other relevant higher education.
In addition to that we expect that:
- You have relevant Strategic Procurement experience handling direct materials
- You are experienced with Supplier Relationship Management
- You master English both verbally and in writing
- Industrial products business and market knowledge and experience with the spare parts area will be preferred but not a requirement. Experience in Wind Power industry will be welcome.
- You can manage many stakeholders at the same time
- You are a strong and passionate negotiator
- You have analytical skills
- You are a strong communicator
- Independency in your daily tasks
- Have a problem-solving mindset and can-do attitude
- Team playing mindset
What we offer
We offer you an exciting and challenging job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development within the leading company in wind energy. You will be provided with a unique opportunity to set your foot prints within an essential area in Vestas. You will be an integral part of an international team, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and who are keen to make a difference.
Work location will be: Aarhus Denmark. You can expect up to 60 days of traveling a year in this role.
For further information about this position, you can contact Lars Holm-Pedersen at +45 5221 1223.