Sales Manager - Ireland
IE, Dublin | Management | Full-Time | ID: 2623
Do you have the drive and enthusiasm to work for a market leader in sustainable energy? Vestas are looking for a dynamic Sales Manager to join the Dublin office and work with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in the industry.
SBU NCE > Sales North & West > Sales Ireland
Vestas Ireland is part of Vestas Northern and Central Europe. Since our establishment in 1992, Vestas have installed over 800MW in Ireland. Today, we service over 3GW of wind projects across the UK and Ireland. The Sales Manager position will be based in Dublin with a primary focus on the Irish market but also to support our customers on projects across Northern and Central Europe.
We are a multicultural team with multiple nationalities and take pride in our very collaborative and open-minded culture. Together with our support functions we are responsible to tackle some of the largest WTG projects in Europe.
- In preparation for the RESS Auctions, the Sales Manager will be responsible for engaging early with customers to ensure projects are auction ready
- Take the lead during the preparation of tenders for Turbine Supply Agreements
- Lead negotiations of Turbine Supply Agreements with customers and their stakeholders
- Deliver on KPI's including customer satisfaction, sales revenue and margins
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across Europe, such as: engineering, construction, legal, service, and finance
- Analyse customer needs and formulate Vestas value proposition, developing pricing and positioning strategies for customers
- Master or Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics and/or Engineering
- Experienced senior technical professional with at least 5 years of experience from the wind industry or energy sector, preferably with large infrastructure project transactions
- Several years of experience in managing customers or driving business performance as a key account manager or business development manager, where you have demonstrated ability to handle large accounts and cover all aspects of doing business (sales, contract negotiation, project management, O&M and technical etc.)
- A good understanding of contract structure and working with FIDIC or similar types of contract. A competent grasp of contract law principles would be a strong advantage
- You will be an excellent relationship manager, adept at interacting with people at all levels of large multinational organizations
- You are an experienced negotiator with a proven negotiation skills record
- You can demonstrate solid business understanding, and knows what it means to be "customer centric"
- You are trustworthy and show credibility by your actions
- You work structured in handling your daily tasks, able to handle complex issues and pay attention to detail
- You are used to leading by example and will set the direction of the team, communicating with conviction and credibility
- You thrive in a challenging and dynamic work environment, being a strong team player and high performing individual with the desire to win
- You are fluent in English (both orally and in writing) and have excellent presentation skills
- You work flawlessly with IT tools (MS Office, SAP CRM and project builder etc.)
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in a dynamic, flexible, high performing, fast moving and international work environment in the wind energy sector. We value initiative, trustworthiness, accountability, integrity and quality in all solutions.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small, but highly dynamic sales team, handling a large volume of projects with the goal of developing strong growth in one of Europe’s fastest growing markets for wind energy.
This role will be based in our Irish office located at Dublin Airport.
There will be some travel across the Northern and Central Europe region from time to time also.
For additional information on the position, please contact Senior Recruiter Martin Whittle on +44(0)1925 857120.
You can apply online by clicking on the “Apply Online” button at the top or bottom of this page.