Tower Structural Engineer
DK, Aarhus N | Professional | Full-Time
Are you the talented structural engineer that has solid experience in design of steel structures and driving large projects with technical project management skills? Are you motivated by a broad interface with many different stakeholders? Then we've got the challenge for you.
At Vestas, Tower Engineering we constantly aim for improving our design, grow our competence level, and being the best at what we do. It is an ever-developing task to contribute to the overall business result in a challenging and dynamic environment.
Power Solutions/Engineering/Tower Engineering/Tower New Products
Tower Engineering in Vestas Power Solutions is maintaining and developing the complete Vestas tower program. The tasks range from structural engineering over highly specialized FEM calculations, requirements specifications, DFMEA, test planning and execution to risk assessments and compilation of certification documentation.
Tower New Product is a sub-department of Tower Engineering. This department is responsible for the Design of Tower structure, foundation interface and Internals and certification non-standard towers- Including new development of alternative tower & Internals concepts as well as offshore towers.
Focus is on securing sound, cost-optimised and production friendly solutions and at the same time fulfilling the overall requirements to safety and functionality for the products. Additionally, process efficiency and lead time reduction is of key importance to fulfil Vestas's overall ambitions of delivering products, which are configured to customer needs in a timely manner.
The team is located at in Denmark. The team consists of 15+ highly skilled design engineers with background in structural & mechanical engineering.
As a Tower Structural Engineer in Tower New Products team you will report to the manager of the Tower New Products and your primary responsibility will be participating in design of towers and Internals through structural calculations/ FEA and assist in developing/optimise designs and processes, in particular:
- You will design towers and tower Internals structural parts for wind turbines
- FEA-based structural assessments of towers and tower Internal
- Proposing and implementing design improvements & - Documenting the results
- Development and optimisation of FE models and post-processing tools
- Participate in development of proprietary software using Python, Matlab, or VBA.
- You hold a Bachelor or Master's degree in Structural, Mechanical Engineering.
- We are looking for a skilled engineer with minimum 7 years of experience.
We expect you to have experience within the following areas:
- Experience in the design of steel structures, preferably dynamically loaded structures
- Experience in structural assessments using FEA
- Knowledge on Bolted Connections, Fatigue analysis, Fracture Mechanics, Buckling Analysis
- Experience with design of towers for wind turbines or other mast/chimney structures is an advantage
- Cost awareness of products and design
- Structural certification, working with certifications agencies like DNV
As a person you are/have:
- You will need to display keen commercial awareness and understand the business implications of the decisions you make.
- Technical leadership and understanding the business and value chain.
- Ability to scope and specify the work to externals consultants / other colleagues
- Self-motivated and pro-active individual with a strong drive
- Good team-player, open attitude and good communication skills
- High degree of personal planning and able to meet deadlines.
- Experienced in executing large projects with multiple stakeholders.
- You have good communication skills which enable you to convey complex problems to a wide range of stakeholders.
What we offer
We offer the ability to learn and implement groundbreaking new solutions in a fast-paced and blooming wind turbine industry. The right candidate will have the opportunity to greatly impact Vestas' current and future products. You will be part of diverse team that challenges the status quo and works with the turbine on holistic level. Additionally, you will be part of an international organisation with opportunities to grow and develop in the job – professionally and personally.
Your primary work location will be in Aarhus Denmark.
Expected travelling around 30 days per year. For additional information about the position, please contact; Sakthivel Dhanusu - Senior Manager, Tower New Products at +45 52157639.