Technical Bid Engineer
SE, Malmo | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 2799
Are you an engineer who loves working with a range of stakeholders and enjoys defining the real commercial value of technical solutions? Vestas is driving forward the future of the world’s energy solutions and the technical bid engineer takes a vital role in this.
Power Solutions > Product Management > Technical Sales & Sitting Solutions North, West & SEA
The Technical Sales Management department is the regional arm of our global Product Management Organisation, which links our Sales Business Unit and our customer needs towards the central Power Solutions Team, responsible for the global Product Development in Vestas. The Technical Bid Engineer role within Technical Sales Management is a highly diversified role that requires solid technical skills as well as a strong commercial mindset. You will work with our commercial Sales force, our customers as well as central engineering functions which requires strong communication and interfacing skills to drive regional growth in NCE by ensuring the best possible technical solution for our customers.
Your main responsibilities as a Technical Bid Engineer will be to ensure timely and correct responses to customer enquiries, prepare clarifications and deviations to tenders, and lead technical negotiations together with Sales Manager and customers.
- Proactively drive the technical value engineering of customer projects and lead technical negotiations as an active member of the Sales team
- Ensure timely responses to customer enquiries, prepare clarifications and deviations to tenders, as well as technical annexes and contract schedules
- You are expected to take the full responsibility for the technical solution during the Sales phase
- After an intensive induction, you will be assigned to Vestas' sales activities mainly in Nordic markets and in further consequence, in other markets within the region
- You will need to build relationships with the key technical people in your customers' organisation, driving their requirements inside Vestas and ensuring they prefer to use Vestas
- Be the link between the Local Sales organisation and VPS (Vestas Power Solutions) for general technical matters and with Product Management in R&D
- Understanding of the market, customer business cases and sales' perspective in general; Track of the local rules and legislation and participate in working groups where required
- Engineering background (Electrical preferred, alternatively Mechanical, Industrial or similar) combined with commercial insight/interest or commercial background with strong interest in understanding of technical aspects
- Prior experience leading technical negotiations, ideally of heavy machinery, power plant equipment or similar, is necessary
- Previous experience in wind energy or industrial plant environment is a plus
- Fluent in business English and Swedish both spoken and written is essential; Other Nordic / European languages are a plus
- Ability to lead and coordinate a team of engineers
- Holistic understanding of commercial and legal aspects of technical solutions
- Excellent communication skills and prior experience interacting with different stakeholders
- The ability to be flexible, organised and collaborative with demonstrated experience working in dynamic and intensive environments
- The ability to be innovative and creative with a drive towards results
- Creative solution identification and a high degree of motivation to satisfy customer needs
- Travel availability (about 25% of the time)
What we offer
As a Technical Bid Engineer at Vestas, you will be in the heart of the action of the wind industry. Despite being the largest player in the industry, Vestas is a young company. That makes us flexible and agile, giving you the freedom to act creatively and independently in an international environment and highly divers team.
People with experience working in Technical Sales Management are highly valued across multiple functions in Vestas. The role of Technical Bid Engineer is an excellent start to an interesting career in Vestas.
Primary work location will be Malmö, Sweden.
This position requires approximately 25 % time for travel.
For additional information on the position, please contact Martin Whittle Sr Recruiter +44 (0) 1925 857120.
Please apply online by clicking on the “Apply” button.