DK, Copenhagen | Management | Full-Time
Are you passionate about pursuing a career in a global finance organisation? Can you provide overview of complex areas, develop an area and be a trusted adviser to the organisation? Like working with VAT and indirect taxes? And are you looking for a position with a possibility to develop and drive your own areas?
Then have a closer look at this opportunity to be a part of the financial reporting and controlling team for the Danish Vestas entities.
Group Finance > Reporting & Compliance > VWS Reporting
VWS Reporting is responsible for the financial reporting of Vestas Wind System A/S (Parent Company), Vestas Manufacturing and Danish Holding companies covering Group Functions, controlling of Treasury operations, Technology and IT. We work closely with our Group reporting, Global Tax and Global Finance Shared Service Center in Manila, as they handle all the bookkeeping. Most invoicing within the Vestas Group is going through the Danish entities.
As VAT specialist you will be responsible for the VAT treatment of transactions to and from the Danish entities, controlling and reviewing the VAT postings in SAP incl. audit material for our VAT accounts.
As VAT specialist you will be responsible for the VAT treatment of transactions to and from the Danish entities, controlling and reviewing the VAT postings in SAP incl. audit material for our VAT accounts. This includes:
- Advise the organisation on the VAT and indirect tax treatment of the different transactions passing through the Danish entities
- Ensure VAT transactions are completely and accurately reflected in the financial reporting
- Continuously developing and maintaining processes and controls within the VAT area
- Improving systems and processes in cooperation with the team to improve effectiveness of daily tasks in SAP
- Ensure review of controls and prepared in due time and quality incl. controlling the VAT accounts
- Prepare audit material and have the contact with the auditors for the VAT area
- You have a master´s degree combined with experience from an audit firm, finance department or SKAT, or a similar background
- Experience with VAT compliance and solid VAT and indirect tax knowledge
- Experience from a similar role
- Attention to details and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong IT skills as we work with large data volumes and use tools such as SAP, SAP BI, SAP BPC, Excel and PowerPoint
- Very good spoken and written English skills
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Very good understanding of Business Stakeholder needs and expectations
- Ability to convert knowledge into business value
- A reliable and trustworthy personality with an open-minded and problem-solving attitude
- Ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in and outside the organization
- Personal drive and self-motivated
- Good analytical skills and a positive, structured and pro-active approach
- A desire to work in a busy and growing environment and have a flexible attitude since peak periods will occur
What we offer
We offer you an exciting and challenging job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, dynamic, high performing and international work environment in the renewable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions and at the same time we live our values of accountability, collaboration and simplicity.
You will be a part of an international professional office and organization. You will be given the possibility to develop professionally and personally in a function that is continuously developing to keep up with the business requirements. You will be provided with a unique opportunity to set your foot prints within an essential area in Vestas.
Your work location will be Copenhagen, Denmark or Malmö, Sweden.
For additional information about the position, please contact Senior Director, Anita Røndbjerg at +45 4059 8307.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with 94 GW of wind turbines in 79 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 79 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,300 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.