DK, Aarhus N | Professional | Full-Time
Do you want to play a key role in shaping the wind turbines of tomorrow and the processes related to this? Do you have extensive experience within load calculations of wind turbines?
If yes, here is the perfect opportunity for you! Come join our mission in one of the key areas of Vestas, Load & Control, as our new load specialist!
Engineering > Control Engineering > Load & Control
Vestas Power Solutions is where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved and tested. We dedicate our time and effort to securing a more sustainable world and we operate on a global scale with more than 1,700 employees.
As a part of Vestas Power Solutions, the Load & Control Platform (LaC) department is one of the key areas in shaping the products of the future. In close corporation with our internal product owner, we balance the trade-offs between power production and loading, while introducing new rotors, ultimately leading to the most competitive new products introduced to the market. The main deliveries from the department are loading envelope to other component groups as well as commercial power performance documentation directly supporting Vestas’ position in the market.
Currently, the department consists of 19 highly skilled and motivated engineers situated in Aarhus. Given the size of Vestas, we have the privilege that employees can deep dive into details and find the optimal solution. The team is dedicated to do their very best every day and we foster a culture where we positively and intentionally focus on helping each other and collaborate on reaching common solutions – as we believe this maximizes the value of our products.
LaC Platform works in a global setup, you will be cooperating with our newly established design hub in Porto and colleagues in our office in Chennai, India. You will have many very high skilled colleagues in a social yet result-oriented atmosphere. Beside the colleagues from aboard, Load and Control department has a very diverse environment with colleagues with 13 different nationalities.
The job entails calculation of design loads, power performance and noise levels from early product feasibility state supporting the right product compromises, over maturing the loads setup, and finally ensuring verification between simulation model and field operation including successful handling of certification.
The work involves high level of engineering i.e. balancing a solution towards various specific requirements. You will mainly work with aero-elastic simulation software and time series analysis. You will be responsible for documenting and presenting your work in a precise way to your internal and external stakeholders.
With a lean mindset you always focus on improving the way we work by challenging status quo, and hereby impacting the time to market, strengthening Vestas’ competitiveness.
- A Ph.D. or M.Sc. within structural, civil, wind, mechanical, control or mechatronic engineering combined with 7+ years experience within the wind industry
- Proven track record in running wind turbine product development from a load and control perspective
- Strong competences within dynamic simulation of mechanical systems
You might have:
- Experience or knowledge of aero elastic tools as Flex5, Bladed or HAWC2
- Programming experience preferably in Matlab
- Experience in leading projects following milestones and meeting deadlines, and maybe you are certified in project management
- Knowledge of control of mechanical systems
It is expected that you:
- Actively drive improving processes and challenge status quo for how load calculations are conducted
- Are able to drive engineering solutions within the area from start to end
- Are strong in managing multiple stakeholders at various levels of the organisation
- Are pragmatic and quality conscious
- Are result-oriented with a strong focus on the task
- Have a creative approach to new challenges
- Can create success as part of a team as well as with independent tasks
- Collaborate and share knowledge with colleagues and stakeholders
- Danish language skills are not mandatory and we welcome international applicants.
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to be part of a strong team in an exciting business with very strong products, supporting Vestas’ overall mission. The working environment in Load & Control is informal but with clear direction.
You will be part of an effective matrix organisation split between line management, technical leadership and project execution.
Come join us and you will be part of an international organisation with opportunities to grow and develop in the job – both professionally and personally.
Primary work location Aarhus, Denmark
Please send your application as soon as possible as we will close the position when we find the right candidate.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with 97 GW of wind turbines in 79 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 83 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,400 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.