DK, Aarhus N | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 1131
Do you want to be our lead negotiator and driver of defining future supplier concepts in a global organisation? Will it motivate you to negotiate and design global contracts with indirect suppliers related to the areas of CAPEX equipment?
Here is your chance to use your skills for something greater! Help us solve one of the most important global challenges of our time - ensuring a more sustainable future.
Global Procurement > Powertrain & Nacelles > Capex, MRO & C-parts
Vestas Global Procurement is overall responsible for all supply chain management activities within Vestas Wind System A/S, including leading cross-functional category teams, negotiations, cost out initiatives, category strategy development and implementation, quality and delivery performance, supplier relationship management and supplier account management.
You will join the team CAPEX and MRO/C-parts, where we currently are 12 colleagues responsible for sourcing of the Vestas' global need for CAPEX and MRO/C-parts. We are part of a Global Procurement Department where the direct team is based in Denmark, Portugal, China and India. Other Purchasing colleagues are also based at various locations around the globe. In the CAPEX and MRO/C-part team, you will join an ambitious team, where your effort and ability to create results makes a difference and has a direct business impact.
You will be responsible for the material needed for our internal mould factory and sourcing of pre-fabricated moulds on a global basis. The area has a yearly forecasted spend of approx. 30 million euros.
- Commodity lead for the internal and external manufactured moulds used for blade manufacturing
- Lead selection, qualification, negotiation and contracting of potential suppliers within the category, as well as participate in cross functional development projects
- Ensure best in class performance and supply chain setup
- Commodity lead of the commodity team, consisting of cross functional members from Production Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing
- Develop and implement global as well as regional commodity strategies
- Drive continuous improvement programs both internally and with the suppliers with special focus on total cost saving initiatives, supplier optimisation and component standardisation
- Ensure adherence to KPI’s set by Global Sourcing regarding safety, quality, cost, delivery, innovation and sustainability
To succeed with the above responsibilities, we expect you to have the following qualifications:
- You are used to work in an international environment and to optimise both suppliers and processes across organisational units
- You have a degree in either Supply Chain Management, Finance/Accounting, Sales/Marketing or Engineering
- Experience with defining and execution of sourcing strategies
- You have experience with creating results and do not settle with least acceptable and dare to challenge existing concepts and solutions
- Excellent negotiator and excellent communication skills including fluent English skills (both orally and in writing)
Strong skills in Microsoft Office package, PPT, Excel & Word and knowledge to SAP is an advantage
To succeed in this role, you must:
- Be outgoing with a positive mindset
- Have a high drive and a natural curiosity
- Have a systematic and structured approach
- Have an open approach to encourage stakeholder inputs but a structured and fact-based approach to secure ideas are prioritised and implemented correct
- Be a team player and persistent to secure the successful implementation of the initiatives you lead
- Have a strong strategic, structured and fact-based approach
- Not be afraid to challenge the status quo
Furthermore, we are looking for a candidate with a holistic and positive mindset. You must be able to see the big picture from Vestas product offerings towards customers and the ability to connect these to supplier offerings and how they can positively impact Vestas sales and cost out programs.
What we offer
We offer you an exciting and challenging job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development within the leading company in sustainable energy. You will be provided with a unique opportunity to set your foot prints within an essential area in Vestas. You will be an integral part of an international team, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and who are keen to make a difference.
Your primary work location will either be in Lem/Ringkøbing or Aarhus in Denmark.
Travel to suppliers and key stakeholders will be expected to be approximately 20 days per year.
For additional information about the position please contact Morten G. Nielsen, Category Director, CAPEX and CAPEX and MRO/C-parts at +45 2216 3430.
Please apply as soon as possible since we will evaluate the incoming applications continuously.