DK, Aarhus N | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 1593
Do you want to influence how the future of generators looks? We work with state-of-art technology and seek the best of the best to make sure that we stay in front of the development within generators.
If that sounds like a challenge for you, then become our new Technical Lead in Generators and help us solve one of the most important global challenges of our time – ensuring a more sustainable future!
Powertrain > Powertrain Engineering > Generator/DK
The Vestas Turbine Solution (VTS) business unit drives the technology development of our wind turbine products. We are responsible for its development, verification and industrialisation. It is here that we lay the technological foundation for staying ahead as the global leader within sustainable energy.
The Powertrain functional area in VTS currently consists of 55 highly skilled employees, primarily situated in Denmark and Germany supported by teams in US, Portugal, China and India. The department is accountable for the Powertrain System converting the mechanical energy from the wind into electrical energy. The Powertrain System consists of main components such as the main gearbox, generator, main shaft bearings, lubrication system and the auxiliary components such as brakes, couplings and suspension/damper systems.
In the Generator department, we build our designs on a long tradition of both in-house and externally supplied generator products of both induction & synchronous types.
We have a strong focus on providing solutions with predictable performance and cost to the market faster than our competitors. We are flexible and set great pride in being agile in making solutions to compete in mature and emerging markets even with challenging local content demands. We work hard to embed innovation and bring novel technologies into predictable product performance values. Our own generator manufacturing capabilities are here the golden nugget.
Within this exciting and challenging environment, we have an immediate opening for an experienced Technical Lead in Generators.
You will be technically responsible and the driving force in both technology projects and product development projects. You will work together with the project manager and will be responsible for driving the daily work and coordination with adjacent components.
Your primary tasks will be:
- Plan work package execution together with development team
- Deliver the technical solution within quality, time and cost targets of the project
- Prioritise the technical team’s tasks based on the calculated impact to project targets
- Identify and mitigate technical risks within the project scope
- Secure technical decision making to get the needed progress in the projects
- Manage and align project challenges with stakeholders
- Provide feedback and challenge design solutions to interfacing systems to optimise product design
- Bachelor or Masters' degree in Electro-Mechanical System Design, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Min. 3 years of experience
- Experience with technical project management
- Jira proficiency or similar tool
- Experienced in executing large projects with multiple stakeholders
- Specific work experience within the wind industry is beneficial but not required
- Knowledge of design engineering
- It's natural for you to knowledge share, lead, guide and advise your colleagues and stakeholders
- Process oriented and structured in the way you work
- Self-driven and independent work approach, but also a strong team player and motivator
- Flair for and interest in stakeholder management including coordination, planning and reporting
- Technical leadership skills and an understanding of the business and value chain
- High degree of personal planning and able to meet deadlines
What we offer
The right candidate will find a challenging and demanding job, right at the forefront of developing technologies, which continuously improve the competitiveness of renewable energy. Naturally, joining the global leader within sustainable energy makes you part of inspiring journey, and our international footprint and global supply- and manufacturing setup provides a multi-cultural work environment.
The position we offer will provide you with excellent opportunities to develop your professional skills, advance you competencies, and develop your personality and leadership profile.
The work location is Aarhus, Denmark.
The position requires travelling up to 30 days per year.
For additional information please contact Manager of Generators DK, Palle Nør Knudsen at mobile phone +45 40 78 94 17.