DK, Aarhus N | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 1877
Do you want to influence how the future of generators looks? We work with state-of-art technology and seek the best of the best to make sure that we stay in front of the development within generators.
If that sounds like a challenge for you, then become our new Specialist in Generators and help us solve one of the most important global challenges of our time – ensuring a more sustainable future!
Mechanical Engineering > Powertrain > Generator DK
The Vestas Turbine Solution (VTS) business unit drives the technology development of our wind turbine products. We are responsible for its development, verification and industrialisation. It is here that we lay the technological foundation for staying ahead as the global leader within sustainable energy.
The Powertrain functional area in VTS currently consists of 55 highly skilled employees, primarily situated in Denmark and Germany supported by teams in US, Portugal, China and India. The department is accountable for the Powertrain System converting the mechanical energy from the wind into electrical energy. The Powertrain System consists of main components such as the main gearbox, generator, main shaft bearings, lubrication system and the auxiliary components such as brakes, couplings and suspension/damper systems.
In the Generator department, we build our designs on a long tradition of both in-house and externally supplied generator products of both induction & synchronous types.
We have a strong focus on providing solutions with predictable performance and cost to the market faster than our competitors. We are flexible and set great pride in being agile in making solutions to compete in mature and emerging markets even with challenging local content demands. We work hard to embed innovation and bring novel technologies into predictable product performance values. Our own generator manufacturing capabilities are here the golden nugget.
Within this exciting and challenging environment, we have an immediate opening for an experienced Specialist in Generators.
You will be technically responsible for our in-house generator design in the multi-MW range in a team of specialists. Your focus area will be the introduction of new generator variants and continuous improvement of existing generators, mostly centred on induction- and permanent magnet machine types.
Main activities under this responsibility will include:
- new product development of generators within our current platform projects in conjunction with our technical specialists and project management organization (PMO) aimed at delivering on committed scope, budget and schedule.
- upgrades of our existing machines.
- providing input to Vestas Technology Roadmap and further execution of approved projects with the aim to reduce the Levelized Cost of Energy (LCoE) of the Powertrain system.
- Bachelor or Masters' degree in Electro-Mechanical System Design, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Experience which have given you an electromagnetic understanding
- +10 years' experience with electrical machines, preferably in the design (R&D) or verification area
- Specific work experience within the wind industry is beneficial but not required
- You have preferable a track record within new product development of rotating electrical machines with fundamental knowledge in one of the below domains and familiarity with others:
- the calculation of electromagnetic fields machine parameters and overall magnetic performance
- thermodynamics within electrical machines
- mechanical interfaces
- insulation systems at low and/or high voltage
- test & verification of electrical machines
- simulation software
- knowledge of DFMEA and FMEA processes
- Through your experience in various industries, you have combined your technical expertise with an excellent business mindset, which allows you to consider commercial implications in your technical decision-making
- You motivate yourself through the results that you accomplish and address your tasks proactively with a high degree of personal responsibility
- Your collaborative and communicative skills allow you to achieve your results together with an international and multi-disciplinary design team inside Vestas
- You believe in empowerment and teamwork which enables you to perform through others and you are known for sharing your knowledge
- Your balanced personality and self-confidence in your skills enables you to manage multiple tasks in parallel and keep a clear sight of the targets even when stakes are high
- Excellent language skills (speaking and writing) in English are required
What we offer
The right candidate will find a challenging and demanding job, right at the forefront of developing technologies, which continuously improve the competitiveness of renewable energy. Naturally, joining the global leader within sustainable energy makes you part of inspiring journey, and our international footprint and global supply- and manufacturing setup provides a multi-cultural work environment.
The position we offer will provide you with excellent opportunities to develop your professional skills, competencies, personality and leadership profile.
The work location is Aarhus, Denmark.
The position requires travelling up to 30 days per year.
For additional information please contact Manager at Generators DK, Palle Nør Knudsen at +45 40 78 94 17.