DK, Aarhus N | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 1382
Would you like to become a key member in the Service Engineering function delivering the next generation of service solutions to the Wind Turbines aftersales market? Do you have a technical background within chemicals and are you motivated by leading a technical area and projects via cross-functional and cross organisational teams in Denmark and abroad?
Then look at this opportunity as Chemical/Tribology Specialist.
Service Solutions > Service Engineering > Mechanical Engineering
The department Service Engineering is a part of the business unit Vestas Service and is acting as the technology hub in Service with a strong connection to the business unit Vestas Power Solutions (technology organisation).
The department is responsible for delivering service solutions enabling the service business within Vestas to fulfil its ambitious, strategic targets. The service solutions vary from parts & repair over maintenance concepts to product improvements like component life extensions, optimisations of performance and cost-out initiatives. The department holds the design responsibility for service and aftersales solutions on the products no longer being manufactured.
We are responsible for delivering innovative solutions to ensure highest possible value to Vestas customers in the service business. We actively work on creation of repair solutions with internal repair as well as external repair companies. We help combining operational WTG knowledge with new designs and for service solutions.
The team is located in different geographical locations and is expanding to meet the demand of a growing and challenging business.
You will act as Chemical/Tribology Specialist (technical lead role) and will be responsible for balancing the technical processes and teams along with using your technical skills to provide the necessary environment for project success, securing the right level of quality of solution. This is highly complex and requires efficiency in both technical as well as management fields including the ability to communicate technical problems, details and test results at all levels. Furthermore, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as single point of contact for chemicals and lubricants in Service Engineering
- Qualification of new chemicals and lubricants for repair solutions and maintenance
- Finding replacements for obsolete chemicals/lubricants
- Maintenance of chemicals database for Service
- Cooperation with 3rd party companies/sub suppliers developing technical solutions.
- Providing input to future products/solutions
- Bachelor or master's degree in chemical engineer or similar
- Experience with handling chemicals in a global company
- Experience with lubricants
- Experience within the wind power business will be an advantage
- Good communication skills in English both written and verbal, as you will be working both with internal and external colleagues and partners in a global multi-cultural environment
- You have leadership skills and would like to use it in your everyday work
- You are pro- active and analytical
- You are very structured in your approach to work
- You are customer oriented and you have the ability to understand the business value chain seen from a service and customer perspective.
What we offer
In a fast-growing service business, you will find yourself in an exciting and sometimes unpredictable job with excellent colleagues. You will experience a ‘people first’ attitude with a lot of independency within Service Engineering Roles and Responsibilities.
We have a global workplace and therefore limited travelling activities can be expected.
Work location is Århus, Denmark but can be negotiated.
The position requires approx. 10 days of travel per year.
For additional information about the position, please contact Manager of Service Engineering Mechanical, Thomas Nedergaard on tel. no. +45 2066 9414