US, Portland | Management | Full-Time | ID: 1797
Does Wind power mean the world to you? Are you looking for a new challenge? Vestas is looking for an experienced Operational Excellence Manager to manage and drive our Operational Excellence Program through strategy deployment (Hoshin Kanri) and a flawless execution approach. If you have experience in reducing operational costs and increasing customer value thru Lean Six Sigma implementation, we would like to speak with you!
Service/Service Lean/Lean Development
The Global Service Lean team is responsible for driving further our Service Business' continuous improvement and execution excellence culture. We drive the process for Strategy Deployment, work on establishing global concepts, and execute breakthrough improvements based on world-class methodologies such as Lean and Six Sigma. You will be part of a team of Lean and Six Sigma black belts in different geographical regions who will work constantly on increasing the Operational Excellence maturity of the Service business. While having keeping high Safety and Quality standards, you will engage with our front line operational organization in order to create value for our customers and shareholders, execute improvements to reduce operational costs, and increase speed and productivity through waste elimination.
- Operational Excellence Program management
- Secure Lean Six Sigma deployment.
- This role will have supervisory responsibilities
- Asses training and certifications needs.
- Perform periodically Lean maturity assessments.
- Execute Lean Transformation plans based on Lean maturity assessment.
- Facilitate kaizen events to drive improvements.
- Facilitate share of Lean best practices across different regions.
- Academic degree Bachelor level or higher,
- Minimum 5 years of Continuous Improvement experience and track of success,
- Experience in the Service area of the Wind Industry preferred.
- Must have extensive experience driving improvements based on Value Stream and communicating the next steps towards future state.
- Strong stakeholder and interpersonal management skills. Ability to speak effectively before external groups, customers, and employees.
- Experience with change management and implementation in a complex global organization.
- Strong computer Skills in MS Office.
- Relevant certification or education in continuous improvement disciplines.
- Able to connect Operational Excellence concepts with operational and financial performance.
- Superior analytical and conceptual thinking, creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to create impact & receive buy from management teams and functional teams.
- Able to manage multiple projects in different countries or time zones.
- Superior written/verbal presentation and communication skills in English.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities, we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This job is located in Portland, OR.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with 97 GW of wind turbines in 79 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 83 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,400 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.