US, Brighton, CO | Management | Full-Time | ID: 2991
Are you looking for a new opportunity within a growing industry? Do you have Manufacturing and Production Management experience and are looking for the challenge of supporting a fast-paced factory environment? Then we are looking for your skills at Vestas, the leader in Wind Power, for this outstanding opportunity.
Manufacturing & Global Procurement/Assembly, Generators & Towers/Assembly Region Americas
The Director, Production position provides leadership and development of the Production and Operations Areas for approximately 720 contractors & employees. It is overall responsible for fulfilment of the production plan. In addition, this position is responsible for driving continuous improvement that will allow us to remain competitive in our market. This will be possible through meeting or exceeding the required KPI’s for the Nacelles production group.
- Responsible of overall coordination of day to day production
- Participates in investment projects for machinery and tools related to production
- Responsible for resolving issues regarding quality, safety, health and environment for the production department, in cooperation with global operations
- Continuous follow-up and fulfilment of targets for production performance (KPI)
- Responsible for setting and maintain budget for production department
- Ensures employee’s competencies are sufficient to meet future demands
- Monthly reporting, analysis and implementation of continuous improvement
- Implement cost reduction activities to accomplish stretch goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Industrial or Production Engineering or related field. Master’s Degree Preferred
- 10 years of management experience with 3-5 years of experience at a similar level of responsibility
- Essential skills (prepare legal contracts, wind turbine repairs, sourcing, systems/network; understand technical drawings and specifications, etc.)
- System skills – Microsoft Office, ERP / MRP systems, Time Management or Payroll Management and other shop floor control systems
- Experience with QSE Management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001)
- Experience in Change Management including continuous improvement and PEX processes
- Budget and Finance acuity including P&L, Cash Flow, Cost Break Down of Product
- Safety - Ensures site level safety practices and protocol are implemented at their sites in alignment with organizational standards and ensures compliance and optimal safety results with a team who demonstrate safe behaviors by everyone, every time, everywhere
- Accountability - Accepts responsibility for own actions and decisions and demonstrates commitment to accomplish work in an ethical, efficient and cost-effective manner
- Communication - Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts and facts. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts
- Inclusiveness - Achieves a culture of Execution Excellence (safety focus, structure, work discipline) and continuous improvement with the site management organization to advance capability and performance in all operational areas. Makes recommendations and champions improving area work processes
- Team Focus - Coaches, mentors and develops first line leadership
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary, and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities, we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Brighton, CO
Domestic and International Travel required as an essential element of job.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with 101 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,600 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.