Electrical Engineering / Grid Integration Group Manager - Portland, OR
US, Portland | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 2185
If you have experience in Technical risk assessment, contract negotiation and a strong knowledge in PSSE and PSCAD power modeling, then you need to check out the opportunity we have for an Electrical Engineering / Grid Integration Group Manager.
As Vestas grows into new markets, we are looking for strong leaders to help manage new opportunities. Vestas looks to accelerate innovation through the development of our employee's skills and talents.
Power Solutions/Technical Sales Management AME/BoP & SCADA
The Electrical Engineering/BoP Department is responsible for supporting our customer’s efforts with grid compliance by providing electrical grid models and modelling support.
- Ownership of EE/SCADA contract exhibits
- Research and prepare formal responses to customer inquiries regarding wind turbine capabilities
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to customer, industry, and regulatory organizations
- Review utility interconnection requirements to ensure wind park compliance with grid transmission operators
- Technical risk assessment & mitigation during Value Engineering/Negotiation phase
- Participate in contract negotiations and project meetings with regard to wind turbine electrical issues
- Support Technical Bid Engineer in formulating Requests for Non-Standard Products (RNSP) to propose a site-specific solution not currently available within Vestas portfolio
Grid Code Support:
- Grid Compliance Community Support including Grid Code scouting, interpretation & influencing
- Development and implementation of System Operators communication strategy
- Participate in Grid Code and Wind Industry working groups and technical committees
- Prepare model data packages and associated support to system operators and customers
- Review new wind turbine system designs for North American code compliance
- Collection of all electrical data and customer/site/grid requirements for project grid integration studies and request studies for Engineering Pre-Design (EPD)
- Review EPD study reports and evaluate for external use
- Support Customers to optimize projects using the EPD study results
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on power and control systems required. Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and Professional Engineers License (preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical power and/or control systems; background in solving power and control system problems. Specific experience in the implementation, operation, system standards and service of wind turbines and control system problems (preferred)
- Experience in project management and systematized problem-solving methodology (8D, DMAIC, etc.) (preferred)
- Experience or strong knowledge in PSSE and PSCAD power modeling (preferred)
- Specific experience in the implementation, operation, system standards and service of wind turbines (preferred)
- Strong computer skills, specifically in MS Office products and AutoCAD
- Demonstrated flexibility working in a dynamic and changing organization
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make business case comparisons for internal and external presentation
- Ability to perform under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced/deadline-oriented environment
- Communication- Strong verbal and written communication skills required (level of communication within company – with team, stakeholders, all levels, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to maintain confidentiality
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Portland, Oregon.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with 97 GW of wind turbines in 79 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 83 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,400 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.