US, Portland | Professional | Full-Time
Are you looking for a new opportunity within a growing industry? Do you have Repair, Project and Product management experience and are looking for a challenge in the renewable energy sector? Then we are looking for your skills at Vestas, the leader in Wind Power.
Service / Service Operations / Repair Management
Global Repair is a function supporting the Service organization with repaired components (Main and Minor components) from both internal and external repair providers including down-tower, up-town and on-site repairs. Global Repair is therefor in the process of growing a strong team to assist and promote these activities in North, Central, and South America.
The Repair Product Manager will become part of a global team, for a world leader in wind energy
- The Repair Product Manager is an individual contributor who develops and manages the product repair strategy, commercial agreements, supplier quality, supplier relationships and overall success of the repair product line, including spare parts for global service of Vestas and non-Vestas wind turbines in close corporation with the SBUs
- Responsible for delivering a global industry leading repaired product to both the Vestas fleet under contracted services as well as for the aftermarket sales business, ensuring highest possible utilization of them
- Will define a team of key stakeholders from the local SBU and Global Service and will indirectly manage and drive this team on a recurring basis to execute the strategy while effectively managing our suppliers to deliver the highest product quality and driving ongoing continuous improvements
- Will be Repair Program owner for Americas and your success will be measured in your capabilities to interact with the SBU, understand the issues and solve them, assembly and manage key stakeholders around delivering your strategic targets - optimum utilization of repaired components
- Interface regularly with internal stakeholders, repair shops as well as external suppliers and proactively drives solutions to ensure risks of component products are mitigated and customer needs are supported
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Business Administration or technical training
- 5-8 years of experience in repairs, supply chain and sourcing
- 3 years as a project manager; demonstrated ability to develop program structure, procedures/processes and share with internal customers, preferably in a global organization
- 3 years minimum of wind industry or related industry experience required; substantial technical knowledge of wind turbines is preferred
- Adaptability to understand costumer needs and requirements
- Well organized and demonstrated effective project management skills; comfortable with change management; strong ability to manage competing priorities in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to manage and influence activities across multiple organizational levels and functions
- Strong incentive to get things done and see that work is completed on schedule; able to work independently and be self-driven in identifying tasks and delivering results
- Able to establish and foster productive professional networks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong ability to communicate at all organizational levels; ability to lead clear presentations to audiences with various levels of technical understanding; able to provide technical guidance to employees, customers, external suppliers and key stakeholders
- Excellent team leadership and collaboration qualities; ability to take leadership among external resources; ability to maintain effective relationship with remote team members or members in other regions
- Ability to understand financial business impact, provide relevant data and develop business cases that have positive business impact through the whole value chain
- Strong ability to collect and present data to be used for decision making on all levels, provide recommendations for decisions as well as make decisions within own responsibility area
- Microsoft Office, ERP / MRP systems, CRM database
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is to be located in the US, either Portland, Oregon or Brighton, Colorado, having the entire Americas as geography area to cover.