Quanta are currently working with a renewable energy consultancy on a major offshore wind farm asset in the UK. On behalf of the operator, we are looking for WTG Engineers to support the onshore pre-assembly, load out and offshore installation of the wind turbines.
You will be responsible for managing the client aspects of pre-assembly site mobilisation and pre-assembly load out activities (onshore), coordination of offshore Client Reps and monitoring of WTG Installation, contractor’s activities on the installation vessel and managing incoming quality inspections. Candidates must have GWOs and ideally IOSH managing safely.
- Managing the client aspects of the pre-assembly site mobilisation.
- Overall site HSEQ compliance including CDM.
- Reviewing and monitoring storage and pre assembly works.
- Manage incoming quality inspections
- Complete contractual inspection requirements.
- Monitoring of WTG installation contractor’s activities on the installation vessel.
- Ensure HSQE requirements are respected during all pre-assembly load out and installation activities
- Ensuring that Site Management procedures are followed by the client and its sub-contractors.
- Administration / document control.
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role (Construction / package management)
- Experience working in offshore wind, in particular WTG package.
- Experience working in a site based collaborative team environment.
- GWO Basic Safety Training
- IOSH – Managing Safety for Offshore Renewables (Desirable)
This role will enable candidates to work two weeks on and two weeks off for a minimum of 5 months.
The position is due to start as soon as possible, if this is of interest please apply today!