We currently have a requirement for a System Engineering Coordinator to work for one of our leading offshore wind farm clients. This role will be for approximately 24 months with the possibility to extend further thereafter. This role will start from 1st June 2019 up until approx. 31st May 2021. This is a 5-day working week and the Consultant should expect to travel to the client’s other offices at least 5 travelling days on average a month.
- To assist with development and implementation of the system engineering concept trial, including the process and setup of interface agreements.
- Escalate to Engineering Manager in case of technical interface misalignment when required.
- To monitor processes related to system engineering
- Support interface owners in aligning technical interfaces agreements
- Assist interface owners and project managers in the use of the system engineering tool.
- Facilitate and engage with all Project Managers to ensure that all interfaces are aligned, planned and closed with appropriate quality
- Provide structure overview of all technical requirements
- Facilitate the resolution of cross scope interface alignment challenges
- Ensure that critical technical interfaces improperly aligned are flagged and visible throughout the project
- Proactively ensuring the implementation of Lessons Learnt with regards to systems interface handling.
- Master’s degree in power system engineering or similar, alternately be able to demonstrate equivalence through experience and competence
- Minimum 8 yrs. of relevant work experience within wind and or construction
- Must have excellent coordination and cooperation skills as well as a strong drive to improve other people’s work and value through own effort
- Highly experienced in system engineering and have experience working with the client’s interface or system engineering tools and processes
- High level of knowledge in the system engineering / interface management of offshore wind farms and electrical transmission system through design, manufacturing, installation and commissioning and transfer process to OFTO
- Must have excellent leadership and communication and negotiation skills
- Must be able to prioritise and execute your tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Should also be be prepared to work intensely during busy periods, must thrive in dynamic environment.