Construction Supervisor Onshore Substation
We have an opportunity for a Consultant who will be working as a Construction Supervisor for our renewable energy clients Onshore Substations. If you will be available to start a new freelance contract role from 1st July 2019 up until 30th June 2020 with the possibility to extend further thereafter, we would like to hear from you.
- Reporting to the Onshore Substation Construction Manager, you will be responsible for facilitation and overseeing the installation of HV equipment within the Onshore HV Substation environment
- The Consultant will liaise with multiple contractors and interface their operations with the principle contractor to ensure that works are adequately planned and implemented.
- Must have experience of working in a similar construction environment with the focus on lifting operations, temporary works designed scaffolds and interface management
- The Consultant will have had experience of the movement and installation of abnormal loads as well as being a CSCS blue card Appointed Person for lifting operations and experienced with scaffold installation. It will not be the Consultants responsibility for signing off any temporary works or scaffold designs but would be expected to have enough knowledge to review and comment on submissions.
- Knowledge of HV cable installation would be an advantage but is not essential
- To review and comment on RAMS, lift plans, TW and Scaffold designs
- Attend contractor pre-start meetings and daily ROC drills to assist with planning deliveries, lifting operations and site movements
- To be the clients first point of contact for the Onshore substation’s construction team for all HV installation activities
- Monitor the safety of HV installation operations on site, supporting the lead site HSE Manager
- To provide feedback and status updates to the site planner
- Minimum 3yrs professional experience.
- Experience within the offshore Wind Farm Industry would be preferable
- BSc or Technician with project relevant education and experience
- Minimum 3 – 5yrs of relevant work experience with relevant construction/commissioning work and quality disciplines
The Consultant must bring his / her own PC with MS Office 2007 software or newer and mobile telephone
The Consultant must bring his / her own mobile iPhone 4S, 5C, 5S, 6 or 6+ or a Window phone 8.1