Vattenfall's vision is to develop a sustainable, diversified European energy portfolio with long-term increased profits and significant growth opportunities. At the same time, Vattenfall aims to be among the leaders in developing environmentally, sustainable energy production and Power Climate Smarter Living with a goal to be fossil free within one generation.
We are looking for an Offshore Service Technician for Thanet and Kentish Flats Windfarms, part of the Ramsgate Cluster.
An exciting career opportunity has now arisen to join the Generation team responsible for the operation and maintenance of our flag ship offshore project in the UK. You will be responsible with your team to continue to maximise the successes of the Ramsgate Cluster.
- Carry out planned maintenance on our thirty V90 3MW Wind Turbines.
- Diagnose and repair faults within the electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems;
- Carrying out routine inspections on the above systems.
- Perform retrofits and support major component replacements;
- Proactively suggest and work to continuously improve operational procedures;
- Comply with UK legislation and Vattenfall SMS
- To set up and maintain a safe system of work following strict health and safety procedures
- Understand and work within a permits to work system
- Perform safety drills onshore and offshore
- Back report activities on service orders in SAP
- Report on work performed and materials consumed and used in SAP
- Recommend improvements and development of operational procedures.
- Applicants will be expected to work at heights.
- Applicants will be expected to transfer offshore on a crew transfer vessel.
- Ensuring good turbine housekeeping according to best practice.
- Complying with all health and safety requirements.
- Complete service records and checklists (i.e. RAMS).
- A minimum of a recognised qualification in an electrical, electronic and or mechanical engineering subject i.e. City and Guild (NVQ) (HNC) (HND)
- Preferably experience in wind turbine or similar technology;
- Experience in an offshore working environment is desirable
- Good IT skills (Office applications and S.A.P system).
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with experts in the industry. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development. You will be working from our base in Ramsgate. If the weather permits, you transfer to and from shore to the turbines daily.
The role is based in Ramsgate Kent UK, with occasional travel between other Vattenfall offices within the UK.
For more information about the positions or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Marlies van Heymbeeck, Recruiter, phone +31615604138.
We welcome your application in English or Dutch, including CV and cover letter via the application button at this page. Last day to apply is July, 31st.
We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
Vattenfall is one of Europe's largest electricity generators and producer of heat and operates in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK. Our strategy is to reduce emissions from power generation with a road map to achieving climate neutrality by 2050.
Energy is our contribution to quality of life - day after day. With around 28,000 colleagues Vattenfall provides comprehensive electricity and heating offerings to several million customers in northern Europe. For the work ahead we need people who are fully dedicated to our customers and to a sustainable society - people like you.
Business Area Wind is responsible for Vattenfall's Onshore, Offshore Wind, Solar and Batteries activities. Today we develop, construct and operate non-hydro renewable generation assets in UK, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands.
We look forward to your application!