The Client is a leading energy consultancy firm looking for an Energy Solutions Engineer to join their fast-growing business. You will work in the engineering unit which holds focus on Energy Management and Compliance. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with an Engineering background and interest in energy and the environment to progress new skills within a determined team working for some of the UK's largest energy clients.
- Feasibility Studies: Conduct technical feasibility studies on manufacturing, process driven sites, to identify specific capital projects or change management programmes. Shape financial business cases to prove ROI, payback and overall project viability.
- Project Oversight: Supervise the delivery of energy efficiency projects including HVAC, sub-metering, motor and pump upgrades, controls upgrades, etc. to confirm that the clients' requirements are achieved.
- Contractor Management: Successfully select and manage third party contractors in search of energy efficiency objectives within your energy efficiency programs.
- Targeting & Monitoring: M&T is a key tool to ease the delivery of savings within your EE programs. Lead in implementing and managing an active M&T process to generate useful insight.
- Measurement & Verification: Make bespoke M&V practices for each project that you implement and ensure that calculations are completed on a monthly basis in order to prove savings to the client.
- Client Reporting: Formulate and present regular client reports detailing the progress made and results achieved within your energy efficiency programs. This includes the M&V results.
- Account Management: Ability to field all client queries relating to energy efficiency projects, but also maintain a sound knowledge of the clients other services and ensure that we upsell effectively.
- Training: Work with your Head of Section to establish a training plan that ensures ongoing professional development.
- Initiative and the ability to recognise emerging problems and proactively develop an efficient solution
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
- Good analytical skills with an eye for detail
- Good communication skills, both written and orally
- Good organisational and project management skills
- Good team player
- Willingness to travel – driving license is essential
- Educated to degree level (HND, Foundation or higher) ideally in an engineering or scientific subject, although this is not necessary depending on experience
- Registration with a professional energy or engineering related institute is desirable
- Experience working in the energy industry is required