Vattenfall is one of Europe's largest producers of electricity and heat and 100% owned by the Swedish state with approximately 20,000 employees driving the journey to fossil free. We are a dynamic and international organization with main markets in Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, the UK and France. Our goal is to make fossil-free living possible within one generation and give you the opportunity to free your superpowers.
Within Business Area Markets we are looking for an Originator in the UK with a strong focus on identifying and contracting Renewable Energy, Flexibility and other Tailormade Solutions. As part of a wider team focused on the UK and the Netherlands, your task will be to identify opportunities, structure deals, and execute transactions. The Origination team is expected to ensure full market coverage by keeping in active contact with all relevant parties in the UK market. Over time your scope can increase to include other deal types and markets.
The Origination UK & NL team seeks business opportunities around PPA's, Corporate PPA's, Flexibility and Market Access in Vattenfall's core and adjacent traded markets in order to create profit, mitigate risk and develop new business opportunities. Origination is there to connect the customer and market requirements to Vattenfall's internal capabilities. The focus is on structured deals and non-standard contracts, where Origination acts as the single interface to the market.
The team covers the renewable generators, large industrial consumers, wholesale traded markets, asset-backed origination, ancillary services, and all other non-standard product/services that leverage Vattenfall's trading set up and capabilities.
You will report to the Head of Origination UK & NL in Business Unit Customers, Business Area Markets.
About the Business Area Markets
Business area Markets is the Business Division where all commodity flow activities are centralized for the Vattenfall Group. Our activities are multi-site located in the UK, the Netherlands, Germany and Sweden. We trade the full range of energy commodities, take responsibility for the sourcing of power, fuels and certificates and optimize Vattenfall's generation assets. These efforts are the basis for maximum profitability, continuous business growth and will contribute to Vattenfall's purpose to live free of fossil fuels within one generation.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Originates new business in wholesale electricity and related commodities according to the needs of Vattenfall's portfolio and in line with Vattenfall's strategy and purpose
- Identify deal opportunities, with strong focus on mid and long term Renewable Energy, Flex and various other Tailormade Solutions to our Customers
- Build and maintain relationships in the UK energy market
- Expert skills in contract negotiation (legal, credit, risk assessments)
- Lead the deal process from beginning to end, liaison with internal stakeholders
- Learn to tailor made creative solutions to specific counterparty requirements
- Academic degree - technical or economical, Master of Science or higher
- >8 years of work experience in an energy related role
- Full understanding of the UK energy market and/or renewable energy
- Strong commercial sense.
- Willing communicator, able to co-ordinate the deal approvals process within Vattenfall.
- Strong networking skills. Able to build up and maintain contacts with a wide range of external parties.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust and engagement, both within the company and externally.
- Able to work independently to originate and close deals, but nevertheless comfortable in a team environment within a large and complex organization.
- Able to manage the whole deal process from initiation to deal closure.
- Good understanding of trading, risk management, credit risk, back-office and finance functions.
What do we offer
At Vattenfall you will work in an open and entrepreneurial environment. We offer you a challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere. We want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth. You get the opportunity to create your own career within the company.
Location: Home and/or London office, UK
We welcome your application in English, including CV and cover letter, before 26th of September 2019. For questions about the role, please contact Rogier Vriens, Hiring Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact Marle Verzaal, Corporate Recruiter, via email@example.com