WTG Engineering Manager (Wind Turbine Generator)
With its projects off Le Tréport and Noirmoutier, the consortium has been awarded the government contract to develop and install two offshore wind parks with combined power generating potential of 1,000 MW. The estimated generating capacity of these wind farms should therefore be sufficient to meet the energy needs of 1.5 million consumers. At the cutting edge of innovation, each of these wind farms will have 62 Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy 8 MW wind turbines.
Construction on the €2bn ($2.26bn) project is scheduled to commence in 2019, while commissioning is planned for 2021.
Supporting the delivery of the Wind Turbine supply and installation works package, from contracting to engineering and execution, in collaboration with other technical, commercial and legal areas of the project. The role will include leading on aspects of design/engineering and installation work.
In your role as a WTG Engineering Manager (Wind Turbine Generator) you'll:
- Active role in creating, reviewing and approving of technical schedules to the TSA and the SMA
- Active role in all activities related to the lender technical advisor and WTG issues.
- Responsible for preparing, elaborating and providing all the specifications and technical documentation and contribute in all technical negotiations.
- Management of Technical documentation, and coordination of inputs with other packages of the project as well with possible 3rd parties as lenders.
- Participation in modelling of weather related activities for all the different working packages to understand the impact on planning of weather related activities.
- Provide ongoing and continuous offshore technical support and liaise with other areas of technical department and other departments as necessary across the project lifecycle to ensure the successful completion of the project.
To be considered for this rewarding opportunity you'll have:
- Degree in Engineering
- Between 5 and 10 years of experience. Experience in WTG technology and contracting. Experience of Wind Turbine Generators particularly larger latest generation machines an advantage. Experience in a senior project delivery role in the offshore wind sector. At least 3 years of experience in offshore wind is required.
- Experience in the management of technical documentation and management of Q&A lists providing required input. Contractual negotiation experience. Modelling and quantitative analysis capabilities.
- Knowledge of technical standards and industry practice across the different disciplines associated with the packages.
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation best practice is essential.
- Knowledge of project management processes and systems associated with the delivery of complex, multipackage construction projects is desirable.
- A strong understanding of the interfaces and independencies between the project's work packages is required.