Quality Manager – Wind Turbines (m/f)
My client is an accredited certification body for wind turbines and their components. Beside certification, they also offer services as general technical experts and independent surveillance of wind turbines. They participate in committees for standards development as well as research and development in the field of on- and offshore wind energy. They are currently looking for a Quality Manager to further reinforce their team.
They offer an interesting job in an experienced, highly motivated international team. Collaborating with colleagues of different engineering professions, you will gain vast experience in wind energy technology and you will be in contact with their customers around the world. They offer you the opportunity to develop in a growing, future-proof business with the possibility to take on additional responsibilities. You will be based in the center of technology development in a challenging job.
- The candidate needs to work with the management and the lead of the accredited laboratory in providing leadership for the development and deployment of internal Quality Assurance system to meet internal and external (accreditation) requirements. In that respect, excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills as well as distinctive ability to interact with all levels of leadership and accreditors/auditors is a must.
- The candidate leads resolution of non-conformances by identifying owners, working with staff through root cause analysis and appropriate corrective actions. He / she will need demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups in order to achieve desired outcomes without damaging relationships.
- The candidate plans and conducts internal quality audits, including function, project and process audits.
- The candidate drives continuous improvement by developing quality metrics, analyzing data including Statistical Process Controls and leading/championing Lean Sigma projects.
- The candidate designs, implements and introduces and maintains Corporate Quality Plans and Systems in collaboration with the lead of the accredited laboratory, the accredited Certification Body and the subject matter experts of the accredited service lines.
- The candidate develops complex processes and process maps and develops, implements and leads quality improvement teams.
- The candidate provides quality assurance training, consulting and standards interpretations.
- The candidate leads accreditation assessments and problem investigations.
- University degree (or equivalent) in Engineering / Business Administration, or related academic filed plus generally ten years of QA experience.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct root cause analysis and plan/implement corrective action.
- Demonstrated ability to analyse data, to interact with all levels of the organization, and to present and facilitate discussions of the findings in support of driving continuous improvement.
- Detailed knowledge of quality systems principles including quality and business excellence models (e.g., ISO 9001, 17025, 17065, Lean Sigma).
- Detailed knowledge of process mapping and process redesign.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct quality audits.
- Detailed knowledge of auditing tools and techniques.